You don't have On-Demand programming then, Mick? On bored evenings when I don't have any NetFlix discs and my DVR viewing is caught up (like last night), I scroll thru the free movies for something new. Granted, a lot of the free movies aren't the best, but I have no problem investing 90-120 minutes of my life with a crap movie -- or, an obscure movie that I might end up really enjoying. And how would you know until you actually saw it? I actually enjoy a lot of crappy films. ;\)

As for Blade Runner -- I took a class in college on Artificial Intelligence (the first thing discussed was Descartes! lol), and the book (Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?, Philip K. Dick) was required reading. I'm not a big reader or anything, but it was enjoyable -- check it out. I think the books are generally better than the films they become. But one day I'll have to watch all 4 versions of BR. I still haven't seen the "Final" cut.

As for Irish's DVD buying spree... I'd slow down. I know I have 340 of them, but that started 10 years ago. I now only buy what I consider *critical* titles, because a few years from now HD will be standard and who wants to replace all their DVDs for Blu-ray versions? Imagine the cost! (Luckily for me I never really had much of a VHS collection - it was too shitty of a format, even then, to buy just any movie I liked. I had to LOVE it. Or it had to be in the bargain bin.) Irish has 628 titles! Assuming 100 minutes each, that's almost 44 days of 24/7 entertainment! Not necessary. I was guilty of the same thing ("utter mediocrity": check my list lol), but got over it. Besides, it's an expensive "hobby" after a while... and it never increased my dick size!

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations