Originally Posted By: SC
I've been watching the Pope's visit to the City today, and I gotta tell ya, Pope Benedict is quite a likeable person. Body language can't be faked and he is a genuinely open man.

All the local tv stations have been carrying his trips around the City today (including his address to the U.N. General Assembly) and its been a fun day of watching the coverage.

The Pope just attended a short ceremony at a synagogue (the first time a pope has attended a U.S. synagogue) and it was quite touching to see (and a little funny to see the Pope get a gift of matzoh, which he promised he'd eat tomorrow night - the first night of Passover).

He is now offering prayers and lighting a candle for the Ground Zero victims.

I don't dislike Benedict, but I was so use to John Paul and really found him likeable. He was Pope so long that I think it may take a while to get use to this one. \:\/ Don't know if he has the charisma as JP, but so far from what I can tell, the people are responding positively to him. \:\)

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon