It was interesting to me! ;\) My folks moved down here in the early 60's -- a brand new hospital was opened in 1961 (my dad's a retired doctor). (The hospital has grown a lot since then, and is now part of the Saint Barnabas Health Care System). While that was a few years before I was born, I still remember lots of farms and chicken coops (there are still some!), and my mom said the now-major Hooper Avenue going to Bricktown was a dirt road then! \:o We used to have a drive-in theater on Rte 37 many years ago. We now probably have more storage facility places than anywhere on earth it seems. And between here and Manchester probably have as many senior citizen communities as Florida (slight exaggeration).

According to wiki the population was under 8,000 in 1950, over 17,000 ten years later, almost 44,000 by 1970, and estimated to be about 95,000 today. And driving around, it's easy to notice!

Yet, it's still very green here with lots of woods and wildlife (click on the Satellite (Sat) link below and scroll around).

View Larger Map

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations