Originally Posted By: olivant
Well, I'm not going to waste my time to retort to all of your statements most of which are just emotional sophistry based on anecdotal information. You might also consider that DT accused America of racism.

The poll tax was only applied in the south and then only as of the early 1900s. In Texas, it was initiated in 1906. The White Primary in Texas was intitaed in 1923 and all white primaries anywhere were declared unconsitutional in 1944.

Cite your historical evidence for widespread racial discrimination in public facilities outside of the south.

Again, without the compromises embodied in the US Constitution there would not be a US Constitution and, thus, no US, and thus, no end to slavery.

The 14th amendment only requires that governmental processes that seek to deprive a citizern of life, liberty, or property follow due process of law. Its equal protection clause only requires that citizens have equal access to and application of the law. It is moot regarding the content of those processes or those laws. Again, and consistent with the amendment's legislative history, the Supreme Court ruled that the applicable Louisiana law was not violative of that amendment's provisions.

Try taking a constitutional law course and and read a book or two about US History. You might also want to read James Madison's or Rufus King's notes taken at the Constitutional Convention. Also, learn the difference between due process arguments and substantive due process arguments in the meantime. Until then, you might want to exercise the better part of valor and think before you write.

Nice dodge Olivant. Almost as rife with sophistry as your disingenuous and intellectually flawed response to my earlier post.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."