Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
Pat, you make valid points about the cost of the war. However, if it wasn't for the wealthy, this economy would really be in the tank (if it's not already). The working class can barely pay for essentials. Think of the arts, the restaurants, the theaters, the museums, that would be forced to close if it wasn't for the patronage of the wealthy.

And let me tell you, what was once wealthy, no longer is. It used to be that $100,000 annual salary made you rich. Where I live, you can barely make ends meet if you make that. Especially if you are raising children, who will require $30,000 per year for college.

Don't knock the rich. If it wasn't for them, lots of us would be unemployed and homeless.

That's one of the most intelligent posts ever on this Board. From where do people think investment capital comes? Wthout investment capital there is no R&D, there are no ventures, there is no expansion of production capacity, there is no added value. Ours is a capitalist society. Within it, people and companies have goods and services to sell at the price they demand. It's simple.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."