Originally Posted By: J Geoff
 Originally Posted By: klydon1
I got a flat tire today on the highway on my way to work. .... I drove away with my suit, shirt and tie, covered in dirt and sweat. It could always have been worse.

And it could have always been much easier: Ever hear of AAA? \:p ;\)

(TIS beat me to it)

I actually have AAA, but changing tires is one thing I'm comfortable doing with cars...today notwithstanding.

There are two reasons why I don't call AAA for flats: 1.) They usually take close to two hours to come, and I can change the tire and be where I have to be in that time. And 2.) I would feel a tad emasculated to have some guy make a special trip to do this for me. but if was raining hard, I'd call them.

My worst experience changing a tire was at 11:00PM on a Christmas night when the temperature was below 0 and the icy wind was whipping. I was parked against a guard rail, but my back was against the highway as I changed the tire - there was no place else to go.

I could feel the vibration of tractor trailers roaring by me just a couple of feet away from me. to make matters worse, to get to the spare I had to take out a bunch of Christmas presents that were crammed into my trunk.