In a somewhat ironic twist of fate, The Wire actor Christopher Clanton was stabbed on March 23, 2008.

The Wire actor Christopher J. Clanton is recovering in a hospital after he was stabbed in an attack in Baltimore, Maryland, on Sunday. The 22-year-old, who plays Savino Bratton on the hit TV show, suffered a knife wound to his chest and buttocks when a fight broke out at the Overlea Caterers Inc. social hall in the early hours of Sunday. Police were called to the scene and officers were forced to use pepper spray to disperse the 30-strong crowd, according to local newspaper the Baltimore Sun. But Clanton, who was taken to the nearby Hopkins Bayview Medical Center for treatment, claims he was not directly involved in the brawl. He says, "Mayhem broke out. I was trying to get out of the way. I wanted to get past one of the guys that was involved... It escalated from there." Clanton's injuries are not thought to be serious and he is expected to be released on Tuesday.

Last edited by Beth E; 04/06/08 03:26 PM.

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

When there's a will...put me in it.