Originally Posted By: Saladbar
 Originally Posted By: olivant

Wright's comments in their entirety have been played on several cable shows; they are stated in their entirety on several websites including his own. He does damn the US; he does state that the [federal] government imports and distributes drugs in black communities; he does state that the [federal] government developed AIDS to kill black people. His words are plain and simple. They are not contextual. ....

Exactly. But back to Wright, he is not saying that all white Americans are sympathetic to the KKK, etc. Wright is talking about the government. It seems that most people who are finding overt "racism" in Wright's statements are hearing him talk about racial issues and mistaking that for actual racial prejudice.

Pat Robertson both said America deserved 9/11 because of homos and the ACLU, John Hagee continues to believe that the City of New Orleans got what it deserved when Katrina drowned its residents and devastated the lives of thousands of Americans, yet John McCain shares a stage with Hagee and lavishes him with praise, as Rudy Giuliani did with Pat Robertson. Where is your outrage there?

First of all, you should accurately quote or paraphrase what people say. The words purportedly spoken by Hagee and Robertson were in unrecorded interviews and not on video. Pejorative statements that they have made about groups of people or physical locations are based on their articles of faith. The pejorative statements made by Wright about my race, about my ethnicity, and about my government are not based on articles of faith. He disguises them as liberation theology crap when they are really a function of his inability to deal with the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune that accompany every life.

And by the way, neither Hagee nor Robertson are McCain's pastor, and neither attacked my race or my ethnicity.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."