Perhaps the biggest differences are Al Neri kills Fabrizzio and Moe Greene.

Kay leaves Mike before Lake Tahoe

and while there's about 35 pages devoted to pre-1945, there's NOTHING about Ciccio. Fanucci is the same, but the Ciccio/Antonio ANdolini/Paolo/Strollo/Mosca idea was all FFC's idea. Some thigns are changed for the movie. For intsance in the book ONLY Maranzano is there, but In uzo's GF4 script Maranzano is there, and masseria is aded into the movie.

There aren't Gf2 boks and GF3 books! I'm surprised newbies who don't know Puzo died, ddon't ask when the fourth book comes out!

Hyman Roth/Frank pentangelli/Johnny Ola/Vincent Mancini were supposedly with the Corleone Family all along but where created for the movies, Altobello and Vincenzo Pentangelli as well.

Speaking of Movie vs. Book, in the Sicilian, the Corleone/Andolini plot is totally gone from the movie, Most names are changed, there isa little boy who is a Capo/Sergeant WTF?

I finally saw the last Don and Last Don 2 (Thank you Blockbuster) and am the proud owner of 5 Last Don tapes (Thank you MediaPlay).

The Movies are 5 starst GREAT and don't differ MUCH from the novel.

Parts were added to the movie pre-1985 that are Amzing and fit the story perfecly, perhaps puzo left them out only to be added alter in the script!

As long as Puzo writes the script not much will be changed.

FFC only change a LITTLe of GF1, he came up with the Ciccio/Andolini plotline, and Senza Mamma in GF2. He changed Puzo's Script and rewrote most of GF3. The Sicilian script was changed VERY much, last Don wasn't changed too muc, and the sequel is like something Puzo would have writte himslf!

I can't wait for the Finale!

Omerta and The family are coming to Movies in the next 5 years we'll see how they are.

I bet The Family will be changed for historical purposes etc., but Omerta should basically tick to the book.

There was a TV movie for The Fortunate Pilgrim in 1987 I'll never find t tho.