Originally posted by Snake:
Congrats, Daniel! I definitely agree with you about Neri's role. I wish Puzo would've elaborated more on him and cut the Nino-Lucy-Doctor-Johnny thing much shorter. But it's still a great novel. And I echo your sentiments: everyone here should spring a few bucks and read it cover-to-cover! [Linked Image]
Nobody noticed that Willy Cicci isn't in the Novel? Thank god, FFC, created him! I would have liked to hear Puzo express Willy Cicci's life in the book. Also the Domenick Clemenza/Vincenzo Pentangelli charcter woud have been for explaining HOW Clemenza got to America, or how Tessio got to America. We know Tattaglias wer waround in the late 20's but ti seems that the other Dons came in later, especially the Bocchicchios who were Post-WW2, which is like ONE year before Godfather takes place. The Hyman Rothstein/Peter Clemenza trial would have beena great BOOK Sequel! I wonder why tehy never write BOOK sequels! Puzo could have made aGREAt Godfathe rbook sequel! Even Last Don Sequel was good! I think if GF4 is filmed it should be Made For TV Mini-Series like Last Don was and Omerta will be!

I don't think they would dar physicall y show a newborn being burned to death on TV. Wilow wa ssued just becasue aPregnant Woman was attacked by rabid Dogs! Luca hacking up peopel would get an X rating and become more famous than the Scarface Chainsaw scene. The bandelader scene is the ony scene that I can see Luca in without X rating.