Originally Posted By: J Geoff

Eragon (2006)

A farm boy comes across a dragon egg that apparently he was destined to find, to later become the dragon's rider. His quest takes him to battle against an evil king with a large resistance.

I'm gonna call this "Lord of the Rings Light" because it has many of the fantastical components, just not done as well by a first-time director. Twentysomething Christopher Paolini has a good imagination, but not quite that of Tolkien's. Nonetheless, the cast was strong, the visuals okay, and I really like the genre (and consider LOTR one of the best epics ever made), so same as Netflix viewers: 3.5/5 (7/10) as opposed to IMDbidiots' 5/10.

I'm glad to see it's the first of a trilogy - I look forward to the next two in the series.

That movie written by that 13 year old kid...and reads as any such 13 year old would want to write, their own "STAR WARS or LOTR-esque grand journey" picture.

Holy shit, AGONY BOOTH reviewed ERAGON...and ripped it a new asshole.

"Why exactly did this movie turn out so terrible? Well, aside from the poor source material they were working with, it's pretty clear what doomed the movie: they just didn't give a shit."

http://www.agonybooth.com/recaps/Eragon.aspx