Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
 Originally Posted By: Saladbar
 Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
Some new poll claims that 20% of Democrats will defect to McCain if their candidate doesn't win the nomination.

From what I've seen MANY Clinton supporters are hyperbolic, racist-leaning extremists, or extreme hard-core feminists of the 'either a woman or nobody else' type. Obama supporters seem more reasonable and would rather hold their nose and vote for Clinton than have McBush. And yet WE are the ones called a 'cult'.

Boy, I've been so away from political news the last couple weeks, do to a family crisis, so I'm a little out of it. However, I do agree from all the blogs/opinions I've read that the Hillary supporters are unbendable, whereas the Obama supporters will vote for Hillary should she get the nomination. However, personally, although I think she's capable, I'm disappointed and perhaps "seeing the light" on some of Hillary's tactics and I think others are as well. \:\/

TIS

It's called politics, TIS. Don't be fooled. Obama uses them too. His speech about race was simply strategic. Besides it's obvious intent to diffuse the furor over Wright's comments, it was intended to do so by expanding the scope of the discussion and thus divert our attention from those comments.

Also, keep in mind that Obama refers to himself as black. Well, why doesn't he refer to himself as white? In fact, by the numbers, his daughters are more black than he is. He does it for political reasons. He's figured that he can't deny any of his blackness, so why not take advantage of it. Pure poitics.

Last edited by olivant; 03/23/08 12:21 PM.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."