Originally Posted By: dontomasso
Everyone is getting his or her panties in a wad over al these polls, but the fact is the Dems still don't have a nominee, and it is a long way till November. Who knows what the issues will be by then.

McCain's less than stellar performance during his overseas trip, during which he made numerous misstatements show him either to be less than truthful or more likely show that he may not be able to handle the rigors of the job at his age. Aside from his cancer, the hell he was put through for 5 years as a POW, and all the problems that left him with may have taken a serious toll, and while the early 70's are not by any means as "old" as they used to be, McCain's particular physical nd mental state may well become a defining issue.

Very astute observation. It is along ay to November - an eternity in the political realm. For me age is not a factor. McCain is just 12 years older than me and I think I'd make a great President. We've had much younger Presidentsand many of you might not consider them to have particularly effective.

Instead of denigrating our Nation's political process, one should revel in it. It is a robust display of what the Founding Fathers had in mind. It is dynamic and creative. It is a vetting and filtering process.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."