Originally posted by Sermanni:
Yeah Anthony was Mike's son. But I don't think he could have taken over the family. He knew about Fredo, and it seemed to me he loved Fredo as a boy
This is true but remember in the novel Michael loved Clamenza and Paulie, but he was still willing to see one of them killed if it meant his father's (and of course his family's - in every context of the meaning - survival). But in the movie, please don't read this in an offensive mannor, Anthony seems a bit, well quite frankly poofy, I don't mean the singing or anything, just his mannorisms. Ah but thinking upon that, wasn't Michael at the beginning, didn't Sonny make some kind of gesture about that in both the novel and the movie. OH I remember now! In the novel, it said something along the lines of there being a time when The Don worried about the masculinity of his youngest son. So have I just cancelled out my original arguement? Probably. But there's my thoughts, developed in writing on the moment. Again, sorry to bring up a subject from so long ago, but I like taking my time and reading through them.

P.S. If I were to finish the films, I would have seen Vincent shot at the end also, he was too much like his father, Anthony would have been better. And yes it might have been modern times, and the Godfather might have been no more, but think upon this logically, these sicilian traditions lasted hundreds if not thousands of years, why, just because society moved into the shallow and lazy 80's would the legend that was THE FAMILY just disappear???

You shoot me in your DREAMS and you better wake up and apologise!