Originally posted by Don Marco:
I hhave read the book several times, but don't own it. I have tried to buy it several times at a used store, but haven't found it there. I recently checked the audio version (unabridged)out of the library and have been listening to it in the car on my way to and from work. I have a 1 hour commute and figure in 7 working days I will have re-read the novel.

In the novel, Carlo is described as handsome, extremely well built, and blond. Connie is somewhat plain, but dressed up at the wedding so well as to be almost pretty. Clemenza is described as a giant of a man, very tall with a large belly that he would bumb against the breasts of the women he danced with at the wedding. Sonny and Fredo both have "cupid shaped" faces and curly hair. Both are similar in terms of physical size, with Fredo being the most loyal, and Sonny being generous and having a heart as big as his temper (and member). No mention yet, as of the wedding scene, of Tessio. There is another visitor to Vito on the day of the wedding, a Coppola that needs to borrow $500 to open a pizza shop. The Don only has $400 and shows his humility by borrowing the other $100 from Tom in order to loan the full $500. Also, he wants to see Bonasera last, not Luca. He is very distant and cold to Bonasera for not repecting their friendship.
I checked out this same audio by Joe Mantegna. you'll be VERY disappointed. I thoguht they would include the extras, like Lucy, Fontane, Nino, Luca, Neri, etc.

NOPE!

They include just SLIGHTLY more about Godfather, and early Godfather2.
It's just like somebody reading the Godfather transcript out loud, rather than reading the book. About 8 chapters are missing.