Okay, I just watched last night's performances. I'm not sure if it's because I love these songs or what, but I thought this week was one of the better weeks overall this season.

Here are my grades as far as initial impression, which were very tough to assign. Judges did not influence my grades, but some were adjusted in relation to others throughout.
 Code:
B+  David C (Eleanor Rigby) 
B+  Carly (Come Together)
B   Amanda (You Can't Do That)
B   Chikezie (She's a Woman)
B-  Brooke (Let It Be)
B-  Syesha (Gotta Get You Into My Life)
C+  David H (I Saw Her Standing There)
C+  Kristy (Eight Days A Week)
C   Jason (If I Fell)
C   Michael (Across the Universe)*
C   Ramiele (In My Life)
C-  David A (We Can Work It Out)

*No one can cover that song like Rufus Wainwright did, so don't even try! It may've been rated higher otherwise. ;\)

I think most everyone did "a'ight" -- probably because I love the songs. There were no horrendous catastrophes except DA's forgetting some lyrics. But I'd be shocked if that cost him this week.

I actually liked Amanda's performance quite a bit. And I thought Kristy's bluegrass Beatles was fun (like Hayseed Dixie, who cover AC/DC and other rock songs just like that -- and it's great!).

If I had to pick someone to leave at this point, I'd probably pick DAVID H. The rest have either proven themselves in the past, or started to this week. He, to me, just doesn't cut it for a Top 10 or Top 8.

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations