Originally posted by Family Honour:
Originally posted by La signora di fucile:
[b]Sorry to be a pain in the arse and go back to the first quote, but I think that those bits are missing from the movie, because it would have detracted from the feel and tone of the movie, I mean who was really all that interested in Lucy's affair? Sure it was nice to know a bit more about her, but that was maybe going too far. Overall those scenes really had nothing to do with The Family, thay had no effect, rather.
In GF2 there was no mention of Lucy (or vincent) who must have been around then. In GF3 Mike made some reference in the office with joey zaza and Vincent to having offered Vincent 'something legitimate' which he refused.Presumably then Michael et al was well aware of Vincent and Lucy etc so we're left to fill in all the blanks. I think a little more could have been added to clarify a little more. It's such a long story I can see the problem but an illegitamate son who later became Don should have had a mention earlier surely?[/b]
So Should a Family Traitor who POPS UP in GF2. At Least there was a (DELETED_SCENE) with Clemenza introducing Roth to Vito in 1920! They could have shown Pentangeli meeting Clemenza round that time.

To sum up the LEGITIMATE OFFER Mike: "I Need More Lawyers" Puzo/Vito: "A Lawyer can take more with a briefcase than a Thousand men with Guns"

Vincent was an AFTERTHOUGHT the Vincent Mancini charcter was ORIGINALLY Santino COrleone Junior and HAD been introduced in GF1, and MENTIONEd in Gf2. At Least we KNEW that Sonny has a son to survive him, Santino JR.