Good point DC,and of course had Sonny prevailed on the drig idea, he would not have been killed.

It iccurs to me that the Corleone family was not really set up to be in the drug business. Other than providing political protection and finance, in exchange for the drug money was actually a great idea, and it would have probably worked as long as Vito was aloive and had all the judges etc in his pocket. Further the compromise into which they entered... only to sell it in the "dark areas" and to keep it away from schools and children would have probably passed political and judicial muster in the late forties and early fifties. But when Vito's time was over, I doubt that Sonny would have been able to keep the political connections Vito had. He was too much of a hot head, too much of a big mouth and too much of a "street guy" to be discreet enough with politicians. Once that happened, I would bet the drug money would start drying up and the other families would have tried to squeeze the Corleones out.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."