I had planned on seeing Beowulf (2007) in Digital 3D at the new Marquee Cinema here, but never got around to it. But I did watch the DVD tonight. For some reason it had slipped my mind that it was 100% CGI, and that turned me off in the beginning. While impressive, it's still not live action. And when it's 100% CGI, it's all that much more noticeable and distracting. But then I let that issue go and just started watching it for what it was. A timeless tale, one I barely remember from high school, but this wasn't a direct retelling anyway. I thought they reworked the story well, in a more believable (if you can call it that) fashion that made more sense than the original. And certainly less boring. I enjoy this genre, but certainly like LOTR and such more. But the acting was good, and Angelina Jolie, well -- that's when I wished it was live action. ;\)

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations