Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Both did well. Considering Obama he is so "new" and his inexperience is constantly questioned, he seemed totally in command yesterday. Hillary's SNL/"you ask me first" rant was a real turn off and seemed childish. It did seem the mods aggressively questioned both of them.

I have watched every debate and don't know at this point, if any more debates will change anyone's mind.

Goombah, let us know how it was up close in personal at the debates. Did you get to meet either of the candidates? I look forward to hearing about your experience. \:\)
TIS

It was a great experience to be there in-person. While I did not get to meet the candidates, unfortunately, I did get to meet Rev. Jesse Jackson, Steve Croft from 60 Minutes, Richard Wolf from MSNBC/Newsweek, some state politicians and lots of other media. There were media reps from al Jeezera, England, Kenya and all over the country. I was able to watch some of the 7pm "Hardball" broadcast from about 15 feet away.

I put in a 17 hour day, so I am dragging this morning. To make the morning even better, I had over a foot of snow to remove just to get out of my driveway.

I thought the debate itself was rather tame. Clinton was in a tough spot - she's damned if she gets too negative and she's damned for not being aggressive enough. Given the fact that she needs a big win in Texas and Ohio, I expected her to come out swinging. She did not and I think she is done. Obama's answers on NAFTA and what he would do about Pakistan were solid. I thought Hillary came off as petty about her complaint of always being asked questions first.

Brian Williams spoke to the audience before the debate began and he was surprisingly funny. He seems like such a stuffed shift, but he was very personable. I have a soft spot for Tim Russert since he went to Cleveland State's law school, where my wife graduated from. I always enjoy his performances.