Originally posted by Turnbull:
Hence the contradiction between his character and the flowery words that weren't natural to him, and that he had to deliver in a stammering, awkward way. But he was smart enough "to do a job of murder all by himself."
Thats riGht, but I still think FFC and Puzo miGht ve made a mistake - if you can call a creative decision that - in never actually SHOWING Luca doinG one of his infamous one-man-performances.

So no matter what his reputation miGht be, the only picture remaininG of Luca in the movie is Luca GoofinG of in front of the Don and Luca beinG whacked by Solozzo and the TattaGlias. Hardly the best impressions of a die-hard-professional killer with bestialic Gusto.

In the novel Luca is backed by all this Gruesome anecdotes, in the movie hes not. They shouldve Given us "some Luca" if theyd wanted to show us the Dons leGendary fiGhtinG machine.

But I dont think it was FFCs intention however, since also in the Lebo book, it is said, that he fell in love immediatly with the thouGht of havinG that Luca actor - name escaped my memory, tho - play the role, thus buyinG all the shortcominGs that it brouGht, since he was a wrestlinG pro and no actinG pro, obviously.

I wonder if it miGht one day be possible to carve out those side- and backstories, Al Neris, Luca Brasis, the Bocciccios and all for screen in one way or the other. who knows...

meow, consiG.

"i understand you have to deal with a lot of people who try to seem more important than they are. In my case the reverse is true." -Tom Hagen