Originally posted by Joey Montana:
Sonny's temper (And Caan's acting) was genuine and not forced. I find vincenzo's temper in GFIII hamfisted and forced, it just doesnt seem to come naturally to him because he's so slick and all of a sudden he bites off Zaza's ear. It's just not the same, and as usual, GFI reigns supreme over its sickly grandson film

I agree with you that the Godfather III was, still a good film, but the plot was watered down, the Don was made to look weak and the family as a whole was made to look like it was never as strong and powerful as it was in I & II. But I do not think that Andy Garcia's acting appeared "hamfisted" because he was his fathers son but he was not his father, Andy had to portray the way in which the younger generations had changed throughout the ages and in my opinion he was very talented at this. If there was anyone who brought down the Godfather III, acting wise, it would have had to have been, Sophia Copolla, although one of the most excellent and talented directors I have seen, I definetly think that the godfather III proves that she was definetly NOT an actor, but aside from this, I still think that the Godfather III wasn't anywhere near the first two...
rolleyes

Never hate your emenies, it affects your judgements...