Originally Posted By: svsg
 Originally Posted By: Irishman12
AMERICAN GANGSTER
(Second Viewing)

Denzel Washington, Russell Crowe and Ridley Scott are all back and all is right in the world again. This is Scott's best film since 2000's GLADIATOR but I am so displeased that this film only received one Oscar nomination (it went to Rudy Dee for best actress in a supporting role as Frank's mother). I'm really angry Denzel didn't get at least a nod or that the film wasn't on the Best Picture list. This is easily the best crime film since last year's THE DEPARTED and is a new gangster classic! I don't know what it was but it was better with a second viewing. I think with it being unrated and having 18 minutes of additional footage, that's what was probably wrong the first go around.

For a change I liked Russel Crowe. I feel Denzel Washington acts the same in all his movies I have seen. I think the movie wasn't anything special.

I've liked Russell Crowe for awhile now since probably GLADIATOR when you add in A BEAUTIFUL MIND and his other films since 2000. He may be an a$$hole in real life, but the man can act.

And I'll give you what you said about Denzel but very few actors I've found are worth my $6-8 every time out the gate.