Sicilian 1,

Things have changed. I too grew up in the true "Italian" (well, Sicilian)atmosphere, with foods, customs, traditions. All my grandparents and my father were born in Sicily (Trapani). I have such wonderful memories of the family sitting at the table, eating good food; my grandmother who only spoke Italian (but she did try to throw English in the mix) talking to me and me trying my hand at Italian (not doing so well), but hey, we connected. I remember so well grandma bringing out her piles of Christmas gifts, how her food tasted just a tad better than the rest and simply how culture was a big part of or lives.

My children will not know what I have experienced. I guess that's a part of life going on, but I sure wish I would have appreciated some of these things more as they were happening. \:\/ I guess that's part of life too, living, learning and cherishing memories.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon