I read it this weekend in two sittings. It's only 270 pages and a lot of those pages are from the trial transcript of the "mob cops" trial, making it a very easy read.

While it lacked the background information of THE BROTHERHOODS, by Guy Lawson and William Oldham, it was a fresh look at both the case and the decline of the Mafia in general. There are times where Breslin will make you laugh out loud with one of his one liners about both the cops and the wiseguys, which gives the book a nice balance, because it's blatantly cold blooded and honest at times.

The part about the "wrong" Nicky Guido being killed at 26 years old, on Christmas Day 1986, almost had me in tears. His sin: Having the same name as some scumbag that stills walks this earth, over 20 years later.

Interestingly enough, he makes mention of Jimmy Burke on more than one occasion, yet conveniently leaves out the beating he (Breslin) suffered at Burke's hands in Henry Hill's The Suite, many years ago. Gee, I wonder why?

No groundbreaking information here, but still an easy and thoroughly enjoyable read.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.