As probably one of only a few political geeks here these days, has anyone else been following this "delegate" issue with the Democratic caucus'/primaries?

If so, what do you think? If I understand correctly, having an early primary made the Dem nominess forfeit their delegates in Michigan and Florida. The Dem candidates agreed beforehand they couldn't campaign in Fla/Mich and that the delegates would NOT be counted, in essence neither would gain anything from the votes in those states. I know that neither Obama and Edwards didn't even have their names on the Michigan ballot.

Now, with this race getting tighter and tighter, rumor has it that whoever would have the most to gain, delegate-wise, from both super delegates and the MI/Fla delegates may request that theses two states be counted. Anyone who knows anything, can they do that????? It seems, because all were aware of it beforehand, that getting down to the wire, they can suddenly say "make it count", doesn't seem fair at all.

TIS

Let me add this too. I'm hearing all these commentators saying it would be awful if it came down to the super delegates being the deciding factor on the Dem. side. Granted, it would be, however even Howard Dean thinks they should "work something out" meaning/implying one of the two should step down before it gets to that point. I say WTF???? The party made the rules. They can come up with the right solution. I can't believe either candidate would say "oh, ok, I'll be the big person, I'll step down." Why should they if it's that close?

Ok, that's my political rant for now.

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 02/09/08 12:09 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon