Originally Posted By: SC
I just watched Oliver Stone's "World Trade Center" for the first time. Very powerful and emotional movie.

The true story itself....it is very powerful and emotional.

As a film...not really. Imagine if Oliver Stone was energized, actually striven behind this movie beyond simply covering his ass after the ALEXANDER fiasco....you know, instead of shooting a glorified Lifetime TV Movie of the Week.

I mean, this was the same ambitious-to-a-fault Stone who once made the mentally-devastating depression that is SALVADOR...the Baby Boomer guilt-fest JFK....the war disability melodrama BORN ON THE FOURTH OF JULY....they are such emotionally-hooking pictures.

That said, there are some good moments in WORLD TRADE CENTER. The rescue/evacuation sequences after the towers were hit, and before they collapse, are stunning.

I still remember Don Cardi threatening to murder my white ass after he got the wrong impression that my comment back in 2006 that the characters in WTC were "boring and uninteresting" meant as a slap against the real people themselves. The guy never apologized, but I don't hold it against him.

It's just that for the firefighters, policemen, and EMTs that died that day in during their jobs in the face of chaos, dust, and terror....in my opinion, I think they simply deserve a just movie.

WORLD TRADE CENTER (2006) - **

Last edited by ronnierocketAGO; 02/04/08 07:39 AM.