Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
 Originally Posted By: J Geoff

Darn...

"Margaret Truman Daniel, the only child of former President Harry Truman who was known for her series of crime novels, died on Tuesday in Chicago at age 83, the Truman Library said."

Is that "darn" because you loved her novels and you'll miss her? Or, is it "darn" I didn't have her on my Dead Pool list?

I really didn't realize she was Trumans' daughter until I heard a piece on the radio about it today though on NPR. The announcer went on to say that she evidently tried her hand at singing and some critic or reporter/reviewer did NOT give her a good review. Truman wrote him a letter and told him, "I'd like to meet you some day because I want to break your nose."

Gee Harry Truman...he was President when I was born. \:o I don't remember a thing about him though, honest. \:p

TIS

That incident with Harry Truman got a lot of press. Harry was really miffed. Margaret, I believe, actually sang at Carnegie Hall.

I remember her as a writer though. She wrote a series of whodunnits, the titles of which all started with "Murder at..." and ended with various D.C. locations or landmarks, like the White House, Georgetown or the National Cathedral. I think I read most of them. They weren't masterpieces, but they were interesting and well written.