It's a great film, but there are several things that piss me off about it. As DV mentioned, it lacks any depth at all, and I must've seen sixty other films with the same plot! Sure, it is a remake, but does that make a replica? No, and that's exactly what they did not do, which is good. They could have added a bit more to it though--his rise and fall could have worked out in more original, minimaly done ways. Look at Goodfellas; it's a rise and fall gangster film. But it's done with so much more than meets the eye. It's not like he just happens to stumble upon a life of crime, and then, oh no! I've been shot or arrested! Henry Hill knows what he's getting himself into, and then he rats.

Aside from all that, I hate its influence on the hip-hop community, to whom I say: fuck you. I don't care if they like it. They can love it. They can do what they please with it, as long as they don't go on saying they can relate to it. Give me a break! You're Kid Rock, you grew up on a farm, you moron! Did you spend six months in an illegal aliens camp? No! Did you kill for citizenship? No! Did you build a vast empire, which ended with you losing everything you had, both possessions and loved ones? NO! You didn't! Go vote or die you wanna' be! Besides it being a rags to riches story, you have nothing to do with it! On that level, you could relate to Cinderella! Come on, Cinderella was a rags to riches story. She went from being an ignored child who was used as forced labor to Queen of the country!

And then there are the fans. Some are cool, some aren't. I can't stand the illiterate idiots who've never even bothered to see other great films, but sit around saying crap like: "OmG!!! scarface be teh best movie eva! dat citizen kane thing was a piece of shh*t cuz tere werent ne explosions or gunz!!! LOLLERCAUST!" Honestly, go die.

Don't get me wrong. I like the movie, but it's like enjoying a Bond movie. It's entertaining, and great, and so well established/recognized, but you would never consider it a classic, or compare it to say, The Godfather.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."