Hi Scarface Princess smile

I love the film because of Al's performance, and I think it's a great movie, but I don't regard it as a cinematic masterpiece. The original Scarface was in some ways more subtle than its overblown relative. Brian de Palma, IMO, turned all the characters into caricatures: baddies with sinister moustaches, psychopath assassins and of course, annoying women.
The emotional interaction between characters is pretty basic when compared with the other projects that Al has been involved in.
The soundtrack is that awful synthesized eighties stuff, and there is a lack of humour which sometimes makes the film feel like one of those soap operas, Days of our Lives or something like that. Tony's "Oh no you didn't just touch my sister" facial expression is just something I can't take seriously lol
I don't know, there's just a lot in Scarface which feels gratuitous to me, the violence, the swearing, the weird Tony/Gina vibe... it seems more like a spectacle, a blockbuster, than a thoughtful look at the rise and fall of a guy who was told 'the world is yours'. Not a bad thing, movies purely for entertainment have their place, but I personally don't think Scarface deserves to be mentioned up there with some of the greatest films of all time. JMO!

Senator, we are both part of the same hypocrisy