Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
 Originally Posted By: olivant

In III, there really is no family for him to be an underboss within. Zasa has a the Corleone family and, presumably, has his own underboss.

I respectfully disagree with you about that olivant.

In GFIII Zsa Zsa has what was once known as the "Corleone family business." It meant the New York Territories business more than anything esle. It did not mean that Zsa Zsa had the Corleone power. It did not mean that there was no more Corleone family under Michael. For if that were true, then Zsa Zsa, Altobello and Luchesse wouldn't have given a damn about Michael and the Corleone family.

Michael was still his Godfather.....

"Joey Zasa showed up. We’ve got him waiting in the lobby. Says he wants to personally congratulate you and show his respect. He says you’re his patrone."

......As a matter of fact we even learn and see that Michael was still an integral part of the Commission. A huge part of the plot was about Michael mentoring Vincent in order to save the Corleone Family. So I don't see how anyone could say that there is really no family under Michael and imply that Zsa Zsa was the boss of the Corleone family.

Again, unofficially it looked as though Neri was sort of, somewhat, of an underboss to Michael in GFIII.

I always viewed Pentangeli and Zsa Zsa as capos, but not in the literal sense of the word if you understand what I'm getting at.