SB, you bring up another great question; is there such a thing as a soul?

I don't even know how to begin to answer that. I'd like to think so, but who knows. I'm not entirely sure of how to define a soul, though.

The question I've been asking myself for a while is, if new energy is neither created nor destroyed, where does our energy go after we die? If I'm feeling truly argumentative, I'll go on a tangent about the carbon cycle, and I'm sure some of our energy is distributed down the food chain that way, but I'm not sure if that's the case with the whole of it.

It's an interesting prospect. While I don't believe in any of the answers mainstream religion has brought us, if I had to choose to buy into one, reincarnation is probably the most pleasant.

On the other hand, I don't want to live an excessively long life. I think an afterlife could be sort of depressing if I were to reach the point in which I just want to die (and I don't think it's that far fetched that I should reach that point).

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."