I almost fell off my couch last night watching the GOP debate. A republican, Ron Paul, actually had the stones to say something that constantly gets glossed over by war apologists and the so-called war on terror.

I wish I could find the exact wording, but no luck yet. I'm sure it will be on the web later today. In essence, Paul stated that al Qaeda was never in Iraq before we invaded and started the Iraq War. For the past 3.5 years, it's become accepted that al Qaeda has been filtering in due to our horrible ability to stablize the country after the successful and short military victory. Further "blasphemy" from Paul's lips was that there has never been a proven connection between Iraq & 9/11.

I know he has no chance in hell to win, but he is the first republican that I have any respect for in a long, long time. I'm sure he's reviled by the radical right-wing whack jobs like Coulter, Hannity & Limbaugh, and the entire Fox News channel. But I commend Ron Paul for not being afraid to speak the truth even though it goes against everything his party stands for and against what is politically convenient for him to do.