Originally Posted By: klydon1
I received the email today, which is circulating across the country about Obama. In short, it falsely states that Obama went to radical Islamic schools in Asia throughout his youth, sympathizes with Muslim terrorists in the U.S., and refuses to pledge allegiance to the flag. The email repeatedly emphasizes his last name in an attempt to discredit him while playing upon fears and prejudices.

What struck me about this wasn't the content of the email, but its source. It was forwarded to me by the guy, who manages a 401k fund of mine. I would expect someone in his positionto be more educated and wise, and his naivete is giving me concern. The distribution of his email was pretty big, which makes it embarrassing.

Is he next going to use my investments to pay a lawyer in Nigeria to release big money to him that he inherited from an unknown relative killed in a car crash?

Last week my daughter (she knows I am into politics these days) \:D sent that exact e-mail to me that she received from a friend of hers. She asked if I thought it was true. Yes, people are so gullible. If anyone saw the debates (not yesterday's but the last one), Obama was asked all those questions by the moderator. He debunked all of them.

He good naturedly answered that he took the oath on a Bible, and that he often "leads" in the Pledge of Allegiance in the Senate. He explained he was Christian and had attended the same church for the last 20 years.

The religion bit makes me think of 1960 when JFK was running for President as the first Catholic. I was about 12 and I remember riding my bike down the street and a couple neighborhood kids, knowing we were Italian/Catholic family, yelled out, "if Kennedy is President, the Pope is gonna move in the White House, and he'll make everyone turn Catholic." I found that quite shocking and really, even at that time couldn't believe people believed that. Although I don't remember exactly what he said he more or less was forced to comment on it and did so in his usual eloquent manner.

As far as the debates last night. Holy canoli!!!!! \:o

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon