GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 492 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,448
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,530
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,436
Posts1,060,929
Members10,349
Most Online992
Yesterday at 04:40 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? [Re: J Geoff] #466891
01/24/08 10:01 AM
01/24/08 10:01 AM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

DOC SAYS ACCIDENT UNLIKELY
By DAN MANGAN

January 24, 2008 -- A top forensics doctor said yesterday it's highly unlikely Heath Ledger could have accidentally overdosed on the prescription pills found in his apartment.

Ledger had six types of prescription pills issued in his name in his SoHo apartment - primarily ge neric versions of the anti- anxiety medica tions Xanax and Valium - when he died Tues day afternoon.

Two types of sleep aids, Donor myl and Zopiclone, were found next to Ledger, whose cause of death remains under review by authorities. At least some of the pills apparently had been purchased overseas.

"The pills generally have a large safety margin," said Dr. Michael Baden. "You just don't take one extra pill and die."

Baden said fatal overdoses of the pills can occur, but typically only if a person takes 10, 20 or even more at one time. That is far beyond the recommended dosage, and well beyond what someone might take accidentally, even if he was groggy and forgot he already had taken a pill, Baden said.

"We don't see very many deaths from the common sleeping pills," said Baden, chief forensic pathologist for the New York State Police, and the former chief medical examiner of New York City.

Baden also said that if someone is prescribed pills under a wide variety of brand names - as Ledger was - for a single purpose such as sleep, it could indicate that person was abusing the drugs.

Prescription pills are "probably abused more than illegal drugs," Baden said.

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

When there's a will...put me in it.
Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? [Re: Beth E] #466894
01/24/08 12:18 PM
01/24/08 12:18 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

Production on Heath Ledger's latest movie, The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, has been halted following the 28-year-old actor's tragic death, a manager for the film crew's union tells PEOPLE.

Greg Chambers, business manager for the craft union ACFC West (Association of Canadian Filmcraft People), confirmed that the production on the film, directed by Terry Gilliam, has been suspended indefinitely, putting about 100 crew members out of work until producers can decide whether to recast the film or scrap it entirely.

Ledger had been filming the movie in London just before his death.

"[The production] is currently listed as force majeure," said Chambers. (Force majeure is a clause in contracts which frees all parties from liability in case of an extraordinary circumstance. In films, this includes natural calamities like hurricanes or earthquakes, or the illness or death of a key cast or crew member.)

Vancouver-based Infinity Features, which is producing the $30 million film at The Bridge Studios in Burnaby, B.C., did not take calls Tuesday or Wednesday and continued to decline comment. Director Gilliam also has not issued a statement as of yet on Ledger or the film.

Ledger was due to arrive in Vancouver on Friday and go to camera on Monday. He was to play a man who joins a traveling theater troupe in an effort to save a young woman from the Devil. The film also starts Christopher Plummer as 1,000year-old Dr. Parrnassus, Lily Cole as the imperiled young woman and singer Tom Waits as the Devil.

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? [Re: Beth E] #466895
01/24/08 12:35 PM
01/24/08 12:35 PM
under there
bogey Offline
Underboss
bogey  Offline
Underboss
under there
Wow... this is really sad. Loved his movies, and I can't wait to see his Joker. But damn. RIP.

President of the long_lost_corleone Fan Club
Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? [Re: bogey] #466896
01/24/08 12:39 PM
01/24/08 12:39 PM
under there
bogey Offline
Underboss
bogey  Offline
Underboss
under there
And as for that piece of shit Fred Phelps and his bullshit pseudo-church, fuck them.

President of the long_lost_corleone Fan Club
Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? [Re: bogey] #466944
01/24/08 03:23 PM
01/24/08 03:23 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

The thing I find very sad is his parents found out about it through the media. One of his uncles saw it on the news and called his mother. She didn't know. I guess with our information super highway everyone knows about something within 10 seconds. They wouldn't have had enough time to locate his parent's number and call them. It's just a very hard way to find out your child is dead.

They originally had it reported his funeral was in Australia, now they're saying New York. Although a relative said all funeral arrangments are being kept private.

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? [Re: Beth E] #467031
01/24/08 10:42 PM
01/24/08 10:42 PM
My own world.
whisper Offline
Underboss
whisper  Offline
Underboss
My own world.
They should send him home...

The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero uses his fear, projects it onto his opponent, while the coward runs. It's the same thing, fear, but it's what you do with it that matters. Cus D'Amato
Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? [Re: whisper] #467034
01/24/08 10:50 PM
01/24/08 10:50 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

Here's a grainy video taken from a cell phone supposedly taken over the weekend. It's his last scenes he did for the new movie he's doing.

http://www.nypost.com/video/?vxSiteId=0d...3&vxBitrate=700

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? [Re: Beth E] #467036
01/24/08 10:54 PM
01/24/08 10:54 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
From TMZ.com:

"Former face-painting wrestling superstar and current homophobe Ultimate Warrior is using Heath Ledger's death as an opportunity to take serious shots at Heath, gays and his former rival, Hulk Hogan.

In a post on his blog titled "dead long before 28," the idiot Warrior refers to Heath as "Leather Ledger," and facetiously praises the late actor's parenting skills by saying he "did what it took to kill himself," adding, "His kid is without a father, yes, but the negative influence is now removed and his own child has the chance for a full recovery."

Warrior also refers to "Brokeback Mountain" as "Bendover Brokeback" and mockingly praises Heath's courage for taking the role. All this from a man who became famous for oiling himself up and running around in man-panties and teased hair!

But the bashing wasn't over -- Warrior then went after Hulk Hogan's fathering skills, saying, "He insists on sticking around ruining, and profiting off of, the parentally mismanaged lives of his own children." "

I've said it before, but I'll say it again...what an asshole.

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #467040
01/24/08 11:11 PM
01/24/08 11:11 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
Ultimate Warrior is, was, and will forever be a hack.

What a shame about Ledger. He had a ton of talent, and a load of potential. : (

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? [Re: XDCX] #467074
01/25/08 09:13 AM
01/25/08 09:13 AM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

Photo by: Vera Anderson / WireImage
Heath Ledger's family members bared their grief in an Australian newspaper, writing of the heart-wrenching loss of the Hollywood actor – who to them was always a brother or a son.

In one of several messages in the death notices section of the West Australian on Friday, his mother Sally wrote:

Our darling boy, special in so many ways to all of us. You knew you were so loved. You lived life with courage and daring and we are so grateful for the wonderful times we shared. We will be there for Matilda.

His older sister Kate, who called her brother by the pet name "Roast," wrote:

I can hardly breathe when I try to write this. We were the ultimate in soul mates. I feel both my heart and life have been torn apart. I loved our special talks, our daily chats from where ever you were in the world.

I especially loved all the precious time we spent together. We were so fortunate to have you as long as we did. You were so many things to so many people, but to me you were just my little brother.

There will never, ever be another "Heath" and I think that in itself is the greatest tragedy.

I will continue to talk with you everyday and love you just as if you were here. You will never leave my thoughts "Roast", ever.

A Message from His Father:
His father Kim, who called his son by the nicknames "Heatho" and "Beef," writes:

My beautiful boy, so loving, so talented, so independent, so caring, so young . . . no more chess games mate . . . this is it, couldn't beat you anyway!

My body aches for the sound of your voice, our chats, our laughs and our life and times together.

Your truly varied artistic skills, insatiable desire to improve and eclectic abilities set you apart from any other person on the planet . . . it had only just started for you ... and for us to further enjoy. We were one, in soul and commitment. Just . . . Father and Son. I will love you forever, Dad.

His Entire Family Writes:
And a note signed by his entire family read:

How do we describe our sudden and tragic loss? ... You were the most amazing individual "old soul" in a young man's body.

You so loved us, as we dearly loved you. As a close knit and very private family unit we have observed you so determined yet quietly travelling in your self-styled path in life, nothing would get in your way ... no mountain too tall, no river too wide.

You dreamed your dreams and lived them with passion and intelligent commitment. We have been privileged to accompany you on a ride through life that has simply been amazing and through it all, we have loved each other beyond imagination.

Your true legacy lives on in beautiful little Matilda, who will always remain in the greatest of care. Our hearts are broken.

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? [Re: Beth E] #467084
01/25/08 09:54 AM
01/25/08 09:54 AM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

January 25, 2008 -- The masseuse who discovered actor Heath Ledger's body does not hold a state license to do massage therapy, officials said yesterday.

As a result, Diane Lee Wolo zin , 45, may face charges that could put her behind bars for four years. The state Education Department, which licenses massage therapists, found that Wolozin was not licensed, a spokesman said.

The department passed that information to the NYPD.

Practicing massage therapy without a license is a felony, punishable by up to four years in prison.

Neither the Police Department nor the Manhattan District Attorney's Office could immediately say whether they would pursue charges.

Wolozin found Ledger unconscious in his bedroom at his SoHo apartment Tuesday.

She called his latest squeeze, Mary-Kate Olsen, four times before calling 911 for help. The operator gave her instructions in performing CPR, but it didn't help.

Licensed massage therapists are supposed to be certified in CPR, the Education Department spokesman said.

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? [Re: Saladbar] #467122
01/25/08 12:32 PM
01/25/08 12:32 PM
Right here, but I'd rather be ...
long_lost_corleone Offline
Underboss
long_lost_corleone  Offline
Underboss
 Originally Posted By: Saladbar
Westboro Wackos are out again. I guess they can't separate a character in a movie from the actor?

Fuck that. If hell exists, the deepest layers are reserved for intolerant idiots like that. I would go so far as to call that religious-extremism. If you're willing to go so far for a set of beliefs as to exclude a certain grouping of people from your society, then you're already down a dirty path.

Who remembers the last time certain groups were excluded from society on a major scale?
Warning, Spoiler:

Last edited by long_lost_corleone; 01/26/08 12:54 PM.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."
Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? [Re: long_lost_corleone] #467203
01/25/08 05:09 PM
01/25/08 05:09 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
LLC,
You hit the nail right on the head. These people are ignorant, intolerant pigs. And that they masquerade themselves as "good Christians" makes them even worse. Christ preached acceptance, love and forgiveness. He taught that we are all God's children, and that God loves us all. They pervert His message and make a mockery of it. Not to mention that to hurt people who are burying their child is lower than low. They are despicable beings. I don't dare call them human.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? [Re: Sicilian Babe] #467239
01/25/08 08:07 PM
01/25/08 08:07 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Well, UK tabloids aren't worth a spit in valid reporting....BUT The Sun claims that Depp will step in for Ledger on his unfinished picture that Terry Gilliam was shooting.

"A studio source said: “There is a point in the film when Heath falls through a magic mirror. He could change into another character after that and that is where Johnny would come in.

“It’s a weird, fantasy, time-travel movie so Heath’s character could easily change appearance. It would be a poignant moment.
"

Take that as you will.

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #467269
01/25/08 11:20 PM
01/25/08 11:20 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
I never heard of that film, but wow, how creepy that he dies at the point in the film where his character could change appearance. I can't think of a more perfect person to take over, since Depp seems capable of playing most any role. \:\) Still how sad it would be to take over a film in this way.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #467507
01/26/08 12:56 PM
01/26/08 12:56 PM
long_lost_corleone Offline
Underboss
long_lost_corleone  Offline
Underboss
 Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
Well, UK tabloids aren't worth a spit in valid reporting....BUT The Sun claims that Depp will step in for Ledger on his unfinished picture that Terry Gilliam was shooting.

"A studio source said: “There is a point in the film when Heath falls through a magic mirror. He could change into another character after that and that is where Johnny would come in.

“It’s a weird, fantasy, time-travel movie so Heath’s character could easily change appearance. It would be a poignant moment.
"

Take that as you will.

Sounds ambitious enough to be at least interesting.

But why don't they just cast Mick?

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."
Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? [Re: long_lost_corleone] #467546
01/26/08 02:14 PM
01/26/08 02:14 PM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well
 Originally Posted By: long_lost_corleone
 Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

"

Take that as you will.

Sounds ambitious enough to be at least interesting.

But why don't they just cast Mick?

But they may never go beyond one scene, with him branching off into lengthy meta discussions on mise-en-scene, art, humanity, consciousness etc \:D

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? [Re: bogey] #468143
01/28/08 12:44 PM
01/28/08 12:44 PM
In a van down by the river!
Longneck Offline
Longneck  Offline

In a van down by the river!
 Originally Posted By: bogey
And as for that piece of shit Fred Phelps and his bullshit pseudo-church, fuck them.

http://www.godhatesireland.com/

Long as I remember The rain been coming down.
Clouds of Mystery pouring Confusion on the ground.
Good men through the ages, Trying to find the sun;
And I wonder, Still I wonder, Who'll stop the rain.

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? [Re: Longneck] #468228
01/28/08 06:29 PM
01/28/08 06:29 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? [Re: Mignon] #468790
01/30/08 10:17 AM
01/30/08 10:17 AM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

LEDGER BAGGED REHAB
BACKED OUT AT DOORBy DAN MANGAN

January 30, 2008 -- Actress Michelle Williams drove her doomed lover, Heath Ledger, to the Malibu celebrity rehab center Promises in March 2006 because he was abusing heroin, coke and booze, but her "Brokeback Mountain" co-star refused to check in and vowed to clean up on his own, a bombshell report reveals.

When Ledger broke that promise - and after Williams left him in 2007 because of his hard partying - she demanded he be drug-tested whenever he was going to be alone with their young daughter, Matilda, US Weekly reports in a cover story out today.

Ledger's substance abuse, which included "a variety of pills," was linked to depression and continued throughout and after his three-year relationship with Williams, a source said.

But in recent months, the Oscar-nominated hunk "had been discreetly reaching out to private counselors," according to US.

"He looked like a zombie," said a confidant. "A week or so before he died, he admitted he needed help. We were thrilled."

But it was too late.

Ledger was found dead Jan. 22 in his SoHo apartment amid open packages of prescription sleeping and anti-anxiety pills by a masseuse who used his cellphone to speed-dial his paramour, actress Mary-Kate Olsen, before calling 911. His cause of death remains open pending toxicology tests.

Williams, 27, "cried and screamed as soon as she heard" the news about Ledger in Sweden, where she was shooting a movie, a source said. The next day, at her Brooklyn townhouse with Matilda, 2, the actress "looked like she couldn't cry anymore and was very quiet . . . Michelle is totally devastated," said a friend.

Olsen "was inconsolable," and flew to New York from California right after getting the news, according to a source. "She's heartbroken and scared."

Meanwhile yesterday, Ledger's dad visited his son's Broome Street apartment for the first time since the tragedy, spending about an hour inside before telling a building superintendent he might return to collect Heath's belongings.

Kim Ledger, accompanied by NYPD detectives, also paid an emotional visit to the basement, where staff has collected the hundreds of flowers, candles, cards, letters and other mementos left outside by fans in Heath's memory.

Kim "said it was beautiful," said super Tamba Mossa. "He was happy."

Last edited by Beth E; 01/30/08 10:18 AM.

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? [Re: Beth E] #469116
01/31/08 11:59 AM
01/31/08 11:59 AM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

Access Hollywood's statement about Entertainment Tonight showing a 2 year old tape of Heath alledgedly going drugs. They've decided not to air it "out of concern for the family". This is taking on a life of it's own. Let the man rest in peace.
----------------
I don't often comment on our competition, but because we have so much of it in the "entertainment show" genre these days, we are often lumped in a group together. The fact is, we're very different, and that stems mostly from the difference in scruples of the respective Executive Producers.

”Entertainment Tonight” and “The Insider” ran a promo tonight for their Heath Ledger drug use video, which they "reportedly" (love that lawyer enforced word) bought for a couple hundred thousand dollars. A still frame of this video which shows Heath apparently doing cocaine ran on the east coast feed of “ET,” but on the west coast feed, the tasteless still shot was replaced with a shot of someone's feet (Heath’s, I guess). The voice over by Mary Hart had not changed, however. She still spoke of the incriminating scene and still promo'd the full video tomorrow.

Yes, the still shot was just a taste. Tomorrow is Day 1 of the sweeps ratings period.

Gross. Totally gross.
And add to that some predictability:

”ET” and “The Insider” higher ups released this tonight:

"Out of respect for HEATH LEDGER's family, ‘Entertainment Tonight’ and ‘The Insider’ have decided not to run the Heath Ledger video which has been circulating in the world media,"

"Out of respect" — Oh my. How about, "in response to a letter of outrage, written by Heath's publicist, circulating the industry hotter and faster than nude Brangelina photos could, we have decided to duck and run here.” That would be refreshingly honest.

Here's an excerpt of that aforementioned letter by Heath's publicity firm and clearly in defense of those loved ones of Heath's still reeling from the loss:

”Tonight Entertainment Tonight/The Insider are previewing an extremely distasteful segment regarding Heath Ledger. The segment centers around a two-year old video ET purchased for a large sum of money in the hopes of stirring up a salacious and exploitive story about Heath, which would win them big ratings on the first day of sweeps. The two outlets did not even have the courtesy to wait until after Heath’s burial to broadcast this segment. They intend to air the full segment tomorrow.”

For the sake of his grieving family and friends, his child, and common decency, we hope to pressure “Entertainment Tonight” and “The Insider” to do the right thing and pull the spot. This is not journalism, it is sensationalism. It is a shameful exploitation of the lowest kind, to a talented and gentle soul, undeserving of such treatment.

Wow. I don't always leap to the side of publicists, because objectivity is sometimes an afterthought. They are hired to shape an image, but --

Heath Ledger's family has not even had the chance to bury their son. We know he had problems, but this kind of salacious opportunism is poisonous.

I struggle with every type of borderline exploitive material. I'm a constant pain to our Executive Producer as I worry too much that things go too far. Ask him.

I am shocked that Mary Hart would read this crap. I know her and she is a very nice lady, but its clear to me she's "checked out" of that place, basically taking whatever they put in her hand and reading it with the same excitable veneer you'd expect to hear at a 50's sock hop.

Mary gets paid a lot of money. She must have the clout to say 'no.' Their Executive producer used to run “Hard Copy.” She doesn't hit the brakes for anything. But Mary, you are the June Cleaver of entertainment news; this cannot be OK.

Let's see how long the outrage lasts.

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? [Re: Beth E] #470435
02/06/08 11:25 AM
02/06/08 11:25 AM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

The Medical Examiner concludes Heath died of an accidental drug overdose of prescription drugs.

Big surprise there.

The NYC medical examiner has finished the toxicology report following the death of Heath Ledger, and has just ruled that the actor's death was caused by acute intoxication by the combined effects of oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam, and doxylamine.

The NYPD found five different medications in Ledger's apartment after his death, including anti-anxiety medications Alprazolam (Xanax), Diazepam (Valium) and Lorazepam (Ativan). The sleeping medication Zopiclone (Lunesta) and the sedative Temazepam (Restoril) -- which is used by people with "debilitating insomnia" -- were also found.

Last edited by Beth E; 02/06/08 11:26 AM.

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? [Re: Beth E] #470446
02/06/08 11:55 AM
02/06/08 11:55 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
That's what they call a garbage can special. What a shame. Still, for the family's sake you kind of wish it wasn't a matter of public record.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? [Re: pizzaboy] #470451
02/06/08 11:57 AM
02/06/08 11:57 AM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
What moron prescribed this "cocktail" to him?

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? [Re: dontomasso] #470458
02/06/08 12:03 PM
02/06/08 12:03 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
 Originally Posted By: dontomasso
What moron prescribed this "cocktail" to him?

Most of the prescriptions were written in Europe. Not that it matters, it's not all that hard to get your hands on those types of pills in the street.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? [Re: pizzaboy] #470459
02/06/08 12:06 PM
02/06/08 12:06 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

We've all learned from the Anna Nicole fiasco, and before her Elvis, doctor's seem to forget their oath when it comes to celebrities.

The way Heath traveled who could have received some pills in London, some in Australia and some in the U.S. Pharmacies here can barely keep track what the guy down the street is giving someone yet alone across the globe.

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? [Re: Beth E] #470472
02/06/08 12:43 PM
02/06/08 12:43 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
Well its not like anyone forced those pills down his throat. You can only blame the doctors for so much. No one has any business mixing all those drugs.

Frankly, I ashamed of him.

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? [Re: XDCX] #470474
02/06/08 12:46 PM
02/06/08 12:46 PM
East Bay
Blibbleblabble Offline
Poo-tee-weet?
Blibbleblabble  Offline
Poo-tee-weet?

East Bay
If he was truly suffering from depression and insomnia (and whatever else) how could you be ashamed of him for trying to take medication that will help him?

Last edited by Blibbleblabble; 02/06/08 12:46 PM.

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." -Calvin and Hobbes
Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? [Re: Blibbleblabble] #470487
02/06/08 12:56 PM
02/06/08 12:56 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
None of the medications listed are for depression. Hydrocodone (Vicodin) and oxycodone (Percocet; Tylox) are both prescription pain killers, and strong ones at that. The rest were either for anxiety or insomnia. Common sense tells ANYBODY that mixing those drugs is stupid.

He's got a daughter who will never know her daddy because he decided he NEEDED this lethal cocktail of drugs.

Fuck him.

Re: Heath Ledger FOUND DEAD!? [Re: XDCX] #470501
02/06/08 01:03 PM
02/06/08 01:03 PM
My own world.
whisper Offline
Underboss
whisper  Offline
Underboss
My own world.
Anti anxiety pills are used to treat depression as well.

The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero uses his fear, projects it onto his opponent, while the coward runs. It's the same thing, fear, but it's what you do with it that matters. Cus D'Amato
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull