Danito, I am not sure this topic would not better be discussed in a different thread because of the myriad sociological issues you are raising. The bottom line is that in the time frame the Godfather took place there was not a lot of interracial mingling, and people of color were more likely to have been servants etc., back then. The only street scenes we see in the movie are outside the Genco office in Little Italy, presumably, which was an Italian neighborhood, and outside of Rockefeller Center with Kay and Mike, and outside some Fifth Avenue store where Tom was buying a sled. What color the extras were is of little consequence to those scenes (if there were extras... I really dont remember. Likewise, Louis restauant in the Bronx probably never had a black clientele.

You are partially correct in pointing out this is evidence of a "racial divide," but as I posted earlier, in those days there were significant ethnic divides. Germans, Irish, Poles, Italians, etc. pretty much stayed among "their own." Its just the way it was.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."