Originally Posted By: SC
One scene that kind of bothers me (REALLY nit-picking) is the one in which Mike calls the family compound as soon as he learned that Vito had been shot. He called from a pay phone and its plain to see that the phone's dial is not set up properly (the numbers and holes on the dial are not aligned).

Now, the movie was filmed in 1971, and from what I remember the pay phones were still using the roitary dial phones then (I MAY be mistaken - I'm sure Turnbull would know for sure), but if thats the case, and they were using rotary dial phones, why would they use one in the movie that was plainly fake?

(My research showed that AT&T [whom TB worked for then] introduced the touch tone phones in the mid 60's, but I can't find any info when they changed the pay phones to this new style).

Like I said, its real nit-picking.

Kudos, SC, for picking up that misaligned dial. \:\) And there's another, bigger nitpick:

The phone booth and phone shown are 1950's models. A 1945 phone booth would have been made of wood (even an outdoor one), and would have had a phone with a separate mouthpiece and earpiece--the mouthpiece was fixed to the body of the phone, and you held the earpiece in your hand.

Before the breakup of the Bell System in 1984, each of the 23 Bell telephone companies had stocks of old phone booths that they used to lend to movie and theater companies who requested them through parent AT&T. After the breakup, the booths disappeared.

Touch-Tone dials appeared in 1966.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.