Originally Posted By: Beth E
That reminds me of the pharmacy young George worked at in "It's a wonderful life". That might be considered an ice cream shop instead of a candy store though.

I remember going to the one in my neighborhood when I was young to get the 5 cent pencils. They came in all variety of rainbow and swirling colors.

Yes, I remember we also had these diners in a major department store downtown. Their shakes/malts always tasted good. One time my brother, at about 12/13 or so was having a soda or sundae or something of the sort at the counter. They were either fixing or putting in a new whipped cream dispenser/handle or whatever. They were testing it, and kept asking him if they could put more whipped cream on his soda. Ha ha...he says "heck ya." He loved it. To this day we still tease him about it.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon