I strongly disagree with that interpretation for several reasons. I do understand your viewpoint and how you can come to the conclusion that they would have both died(inthe clutches of Sosa's hitman) but this is what I have to say.

At the end of Scarface Tony using his m16a1-m203 takes out numerous foes despite his high. Tony's weapon a high powered gun with a good fire rate and its M203 gas attachment could have easily crushed Sosa's men with their 9mm subs. Tony is not kiled by then but by Sosa's hitman who kills Tony with a 12 gauge would have not been had an effective stealthly engagment having Manny been alive.Manny would have not let Tony consume the drugs and would have also been to assistance to him. As you recall without Manny Tony would have been killed by hector at the begining of the movie. Most people have underestimated Manny through out the movie but do not recall how he is valuable in both of their freedom from freedom town and the saving of Tony's life. Even so the main point is this: If Manny is alive, Tony's guys stay alive and it would have been a movie with a one sided gun fight. Eventually Sosa would have come to kill them because of his connections, but I do not think the movie would have ended with both of them being killed in the clutches of the hitman, in Tony's mansion, having been Manny was alive.

NYC Goodfella cool

A CowArd Dies a 1000 deaths, a Soldier dies but Once