Originally Posted By: Partagas
Well, what do you knwo the Royals come alive and get six hits in the bottom of the ninth -- so yoiur ticket stubbs are worth a dozen donuts. After the game I was scooping the ticket stubbs off the floor of the concourse as the fans that left early just tossed them. I had about 100 stubs. So, you could redeem one ticket stub per day for the next 30 days. So, I went to the three Krispy Kremes on the way to the office every morning and we had plenty for the office -- as you could guess probably not the politically correct food to have at an American Diabetes Association office !:)

I'd have done the same.

You're right about getting them warm. It's like you're in heaven. They go down so fast.

There was a Krispy Kreme by my high school that we would pass every day after track and field practice. The store would fill a bag of the broken peanut sticks of the day and sell them for 30 cents. Once in a while there wouldn't be broken ones. After several straight days of not having broken peanut sticks, the old woman working behind the counter felt sorry for us, took some fresh peanut sticks and broke them up for us.