Originally posted by Intenzo:
It's true a lot of Cubans did not like Scarface because they felt it gave Cubans a bad name . The story is about a drug dealer that did what ever he had to to get to the top. and don't get me wrong I love the movie it's a classic but I can see how people would be bothered by this movie. rember in the movie his own mother tells him " It's cubans like you the give a bad name to our people" cool
Intenzo, yes that is very true. But by the same token should Italians be mad at Godfather or Goodfella's movies? Italians can also claim that those movies give them a bad name, and many have in the past. Should Jewish people be mad at Once Upon A Time in America? Should the Irish be mad at Sleepers? I think that it is ridiculous when an ethnic group gets mad about the portrayal in these kinds of movies. That is exactly what they are, movies! All groups in this world have bad apples amongst them, but that does not mean that ALL of those people from the ethnic groups are what they are portrayed as!

Don Cardi cool

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.