Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
Not only that, but they are not in the least community-minded, which I'm sure I don't have to tell you, Part, if you've ever tried to get them to sponsor anything or contribute. I chaired a fund-raiser for the local United Way, and Starbucks wouldn't even let us put a poster for the event in their window.

I am not sure of their charitable giving philosophy.

Sure I am a whore and as Can't stand their overall philospohy, I was still going to try to get what I could from them!

I have tried to get them to be a "Breakfast Sponsor" for two different events to no avail. What they did tell me was each individual store (at least here in the KC Metro) has a certain amount of products they can donate each month. So for a Gala / Auction we conducted, I coordinated it with a bunch of volunteers to visit each store in ther metro on the first day of the month to ask for some products. I had craploads of bags of coffee that we made into a bunch of gift baskets for the auction.

However, I was disapointed that they would not sponsor the breakfast for our Walk or Tour. Hell, their cost would be peanuts and they could write off the retail amount as a contribution.

But it did give me the opportunity to work with a couple of local KC coffee roasters who were more than happy to sponsor the event and show a local company sponsoring a local community event.