Originally Posted By: Partagas
 Originally Posted By: klydon1
In another thread I posted about the "waiver wings" served in a local establishment. They can be purchased only up to 5 at a time, and nobody (as of last year) ever ate more than 7 in one seating.

I sampled them twice with friends, and these wings are indescribably hot. The best way to describe it is that a chemical reaction is taking place. Both times I thought I was going to have to be hospitalized. Nonetheless, I'm sure I'll be stupid enough to try them again.

Did you actually have to sign a waiver? So, obviously you could not taste them as your mouth was lierally on fire. Do they have server ready with bread, milk, or sugar?? Did you eat anything else afterwards?

I see the place I mentioned used Red savina sauce which used to be the hottest pepper. There is a new record hot pepper now - the Bhut Jolokia (or something like that) grown in India. I wonder who will try to "build" a wing with Bhut Jolokia Sauce next \:\)

Anyway, you sound like me - stupid enough to try again

Yes, anyone having the wings signed a one page waiver, which is a pretty good marketing gimmick as well. I'm not sure that a waiver would stand up in court as most of the people signing it have been drinking beer furnished by the provider.

No server is on hand. They place the wings down, wish you luck, and leave. The wings are almost bright orange. There wasn't enough beer or water to put out the fire in my mouth. I ate a few paper towels that I had stuffed in my mouth.

Finally, yes, I am stupid enough to do it again. Saturday night + a bunch of guys in a bar + alcohol = fun stupidity. ;\)