I didn't know you were a Hendrix fan, Mick.

Anyway, I feel Band of Gypsys is his strongest... I mean, the band is just very interesting, the way they go about a live performance. The way they experiment with the music cutting in and out, constantly withering down to a nearly inaudible level, is very original for the time the album was released, not to mention they do it all live, which sort of creates a very atmospheric environment. The first two tracks are amazing, as are the rest. And, personally, I think it's just a downright sexy album, if that makes sense. I don't know, I just think it has sort of a sexual energy to it which isn't present, or at least as heavily present, on anything The Experience ever did.

If I were to clump both of his bands together to simply rank Hendrix's core releases, I think it'd look like this at the moment:

1.) Band of Gypsys (1970)
2.) Axis: Bold as Love (1967)
3.) Electric Ladyland (1968)
4.) Are You Experienced? (1967)

I don't know, maybe swap the last two, depending what sort of mood I'm in... If I want some really heavy psychedelic-rock, I go for Are You Experienced?

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."