DC, I am n0t sure about Edwards. Last time around he couldn't even carry his own state let alone anyplace else. Keep in mind he did not run for re election to the Senate from North Carolina because he was going to lose by all accounts. Instead he's been camping out in Iowa for the last couple of years, and look what that got him -- an eight point trouncing by Obama.

On top of that Edwards' wife is a very sick woman and she is likely to deteriorate over the next year. They've got two small children, and I think he needs to be dealing with all that and not the presidency.

The real elephant in the room is Obama's race, and no matter what the polls say there will be people who claim to support Obama who will not vote for him in the privacy of the voting booth. That's exactly what happened in Tennessee to Harld Ford, who led in the polls, and earlier to a black man for Governor of Virginia, whose name escapes me.

Bottom line is Obama needs to hold th states Kerry won and pick up one or two more. If he gets the nomination, I believe he should pic Evan Bayh from Indiana. He's white, and he's a midwesterner who wins over and over in a traditionally republican state. This would put two midwesterners on the ticket, and it would force the republicans to spend resources in places they usually take for granted. The olf south will never vote for any democrat, let lone a black one, so they can write off places like Mississipi and Alabama, and focus on Florida, Ohio, Tennessee, Indiana, Illinois, New Mexico and Nevada. I think if they pick up any three of those states they win it all.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."