GF I was faultless. I cannot think of a bad performance.

GFII - The guy who played Fanucci hammed it up may have been a bit over the top as was the guy who played the landlord, the latter, however provided good comic relief and perhaps his nervous demeanor was intended to break the tension. Gazzo played the role of a lifetime, and I thought De Niro was brilliant by taking on all of Brando's little ticks and gestures without doing an impersonation. He was a very convincing young Vito.

GFIII is filled with bad and/or lackluster performances, and IMHO FFC's lack of enthusiasm and laziness really showed. I thought the Zasa character was good, but if he had a larger role he would have been overused. IMHO he got whacked at exactly the right time. Of course Hamilton was a disaster, and I have always thought FFC cast him because he got away with the successful casting another horrible actor - Troy Donahue as the hapless Merle. But there are so many miscast parts in III such as Eli Wallach, whoever played Cardinal then pope Lamberto (too saintly), Anthony and a certain family member of the director, and even Andy Garcia who did not convince me that he could trnsform from street thug to smoth mob boss who could trick Altobello and Luchese, just to name a few ....that the carefully crafted charaters of GF I and II become caricatures...even Kate and Mike despite the heroic eforts of Pacino and Keaton to save the movie could not do so. Probably the best acting in III was Talia Shire.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."