Originally posted by AllEyesOnChris:
This topic may or may not have been done to death, but I'm relatively new to the board and watching Scarface recently got me thinking. If Tony hadn't killed Manny, do you think he could have taken on the hit squad with his help? furthermore, if Tony wasn't coked up, would his security system have been effective? Please share your thoughts on this.
Obviously Tony killing Manny had nothing to do with the outcome of the hit Sosa had put on Tony. Regardless, it is obvious that Sosa had his hit squad ready to take out Tony and company as soon as he learned that Tony had killed his ( Sosa's ) man and had allowed the news about Sosa's organization to reach the airwaves. Even if Manny was around, and Tony is not all coked up, Sosa sent enough people to wipe out Tony and company. I am betting that Sosa had this hit squad already in place awaiting the results of the Contract in New York. If Tony follows through with the contract in New York, Sosa calls off his dogs. If Tony doesn't follow through, which he didn't, Sosa has his hit squad already in place, ready to kill Tony, regardless if Manolo is still around. There would absolutely be NO negotiating this one if the job in New York was not finished to Sosa's liking.

Don Cardi cool

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.