I was so excited flipping around On-Demand tonight, finding a movie I never saw before starring Johnny Depp and Charlize Theron! That is, until I started watching it. The Astronaut's Wife (1999) is one of the stinkiest flaming shit piles I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot of 'em! \:\/

******* SPOILERS BUT WHO CARES - SAVE YOURSELF 109 MINUTES OF YOUR LIFE *******
2 astronauts go on a shuttle mission to repair a satellite, but upon its explosion, they lose contact with Earth for 2 minutes. They're brought back safely, so it seems, until weird things start happening, and one of the astronauts dies. His wife commits apparent suicide, while pregnant with twins (2). That all happens pretty quickly -- the fate of the other astronaut and his wife takes an hour longer of screen time apparently. A now ex-NASA worker finds out some peculiar things and contacts Depp's wife (Theron), who's also carrying twins (2). Theron ends up believing said NASA guy (who's now also apparently dead) who said that Depp really isn't Depp anymore, (Depp also killed her sister, by the way), so she attempts to abort. Depp-who's-not-really-Depp lays down the law, Theron threatens suicide (with questionably-alien twins (2) still in womb) while cleverly killing fake-Depp instead. She later is seen remarried as the twins (2) hop on the bus for their first day of school.

From uninspiring "writer"/"director" Rand Ravich who hasn't done much of anything before or since, nor who apparently gave a shit about continuity or editing. I have to question Depp's and Theron's WTF-were-they-thinking agents here.

4.8/10 - IMDb
5.8/10 - Netflix

Keeping with "The 2 Theme" here, I'll give it 2/5.

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations