An unfortunate but sweet Christmas story: My daughter found this sofa she just loved about a year ago at a furniture store. My son-in-law wanted to surprise her and bought it yesterday. Although he had to stand it on it's end in his truck, his house was only a few blocks from the store, with no freeway driving. No problem right?

Well, enroute, the sofa fell out of his truck. \:\( That wasn't bad enough, another car ran into it. \:o The driver of the other car came out of his car angry at first My son-in-law totally apoligized, admitted fault, they exchanged info. This guy "didn't know" if there was damage to his car, although there was no obvious damage. He was gonna check today in the daylight. So, there could be an insurance claim coming.

My SIL told my daughter he wanted to surprise her Christmas morning and set it up in the living room so when she came downstairs she'd see it. Isn't that so sweet? \:\)

We are "all" thankful though. It could have been much much worse if he or my daughter, or one of my grandkids, or anyone else for that matter was hurt. The sofa was about $1,000 and although they didn't expect the store could or would do a thing about it, since it wasn't their fault, they tried and the best the store could do is offer them $100 off the floor model (which was an exception, because they said they never sell the floor model). They may just do that.

Granted, that's a large sum of money down the drain, but it could have been much worse. \:\/

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon