I only recently heard of this movie. After just checking I find it's an HBO special. \:o I hope to see it on the 29th when it's on next.

When Rickles first hit the scene, I thought he was so rude to people. After seeing him a few times I found him hilarious. Sometimes, I wonder if he went too far, but for the most part he made me laugh. \:D

He would make fun of absolutely everyone. One comment in particular that I remember (most likely because it was aimed at Italians)was on a tv show. It's been many years ago, so the quote may not be 100 per cent accurate, but you'll get my drift. ;\)

He was talking back and forth to audience members making fun of them really. He asked one guy his name and then asked "are you Italian?". The guy said "yes" and Rickles says, "let me make you feel at home" and imititates a mafiosi shooting a machine gun. He went to the black guy, the Jewish guy, the Irish guy, etc. He wouldn't pick on just one group, he'd pick on everyone, which is what made him so funny.

Thanks for the heads-up on this Ronnie. I do plan to see it.

Btw, Rickles was on quite a few of Dean Martin's "Celebrity Roasts" if I'm not mistaken. He was hilarious there as well.

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 12/22/07 11:06 AM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon